It’s Friday again. Time for #FoodFriday. As the team already set up camp in Spain twice this winter, we present to you Pan
Aceite, a Spanish flavoured bread with tomato sauce topping.
LottoNL-Jumbo nutritionist Marcel Hesseling explains why the team doesn’t use artificial additives, but only raw materials in the most natural and pure
Not only while making Pan Aceite, but with every dish.
“Our goal is to supply our riders with the best possible quality of food. During our Mojacar training camp, Frank van Eerd of The Bisschopsmolen made a
Aceite for lunch. He deliberately uses 100% Kollenberger Spelt , a local product from the southern part of the Dutch province of Limburg.”
Van Eerd explains his choice for Kollenberger Spelt flour. “In southern countries they never use flour. Spelt flour naturally holds
more proteins than wheat flour. It also has a different gluten composition. Besides that, Kollenberger Spelt is 100% product from South Limburg, our region. We know the
farmers personally, which is of course a nice and transparent way of working.”
Kollenberger Spelt is available in the Bisschopsmolen’s webshop
What do you need?
400 gram Kollenberger Spelt flour
20 gram Fresh yeast or 10 gram dried yeast
50 gram Olive oil (omega 9)
10 gram Herbs mix (pepper, paprika powder, garlic, basil)
10 gram Salt
200 gram Water
4 Cloves of Garlic
Salt and peper
Olive oil (omega 9)
How to make it?
• Clean and chop the onions.
• Wash tomatoes and cut into wedges.
• Clean garlic.
• Put olive oil in a hot pan.
• Fry onions, tomatoes and garlic.
• Deglaze with some water.
• Use a gentle heat.
• Add sliced basil.
• Boil gently.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Use a blender to convert the sauce into a puree.
• Let the tomato puree cool down.
Dough Pan Aceite
• Weigh all ingredients accurately.
• If you are using dried yeast, mix it with the flour. (It is absolutely forbidden to mix dry yeast with water)
• Keep yeast and salt separated.
• Put all ingredients into the machine.
• Turn the machine on, first gear for about 5 minutes.
• After 5 minutes, shift the machine into second gear.
• Wait 3 more minutes.
• Remove the dough from the machine and divide it into pieces of about 350 grams.
• Put the pieces of dough on a greased baking sheet.
• Allow the pieces of dough to rise for 10 minutes.
• After rising, squeeze the dough pieces into flat parts again.
• Add the tomato sauce to the dough spread.
• Let is rise for about 30 minutes.
• Put the dough pieces into the lower part of preheated oven, set at 230 degrees Celsius.
• Baking time approximately 15 minutes.
Besides Pan Aceite with tomato sauce and basil, there are two other possible toppings:
o Pan Aceite: olives with peppers
o Pan Cebollas: onion, cheese and paprika.