The nutritional partners of Team Jumbo-Visma in 2023
As of 1 January 2023, Team Jumbo-Visma has several new nutrition partners. For t...
Our riders need to eat a lot on the bike to replenish their energy, but what do they eat and what is the best food for cycling? In celebration of World Pasta Day, our nutritionist picked a delicious pasta dish for four people or for two hungry endurance athletes: pulled chicken cream sports lasagna with spinach and zucchini!
Ingredients for four persons
250g whole-wheat lasagne from Grand'Italia (1 pack)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Cut the chicken breast into 2 pieces and fry + stew the chicken until done with the lid on the pan. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it cool on a plate, covered. - Heat a high skillet or wok with 1 tbsp olive oil. Fry the garlic and onion. Add the chicken stock and, using a whisk, whisk in the flour spoon by spoon. Now pour in the cream and simmer gently for 5-8 minutes. When good, the sauce will have a gravy thickness. Remove from the heat and put aside.
3. In a pan with a little water, sauté the courgette and spinach until just tender, so that it shrinks a little. Stir this into the sauce you just made and leave to cool.
4. In a bowl, mix the ricotta with the egg white, parsley, pepper and salt. Set aside.
5. Take the cooled chicken and pull it apart until you have long strands of chicken.
6. Now make the lasagne layer by layer by starting with a little sauce, top with a few lasagne sheets, then a layer of chicken topped with some of the cheese mixture, some more lasagne sheets, followed by another layer of sauce. Continue until all ingredients are used up.
7. Garnish with the mozzarella, salt and pepper (and any remaining sauce)
8. Bake the lasagne for about 40-60 minutes in the oven
Serve with a slice of whole-wheat toast and a fresh sour tomato, cucumber, julienne carrot salad (in a bowl, mix: 4 diced vine tomatoes, 150g grated carrot, 20g bit of toasted almond slices, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp honey; mix and you're done!)
Enjoy your meal!