Swinkels is amazed by the significant role of nutrition with FoodCoach
The right fuel at the right moments - since Karlijn Swinkels started using FoodC...
Strawberry time! Try them in one of our riders' favourite snacks: no bake strawberry shortcake protein bites.
It's time for strawberries again! Nowadays you can get them all year round in most supermarkets, but freshly picked Dutch strawberries are still one of our favourites. Especially in this protein-rich snack recipe from our Performance Chefs.
2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut flour or rice flour
Pinch of salt
1 scoop Vifit vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup vanilla skyr
A drop of almond extract (can substitute for vanilla extract)
1 to 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk
3-5 fresh strawberries, diced (depending on size)
1. Blend oats, flour, salt and protein powder until combined (less than a minute) in a food processor or bowl.
2. Add the skyr, almond extract, milk and fresh strawberries to the food or bowl and blend again.
3. Scoop out a spoonful of the batter and roll it into a ball. It might be sticky, using a bit of flower in your hands will help.
4. Place in a tupperware. Repeat until you run out of batter. You should be able to get at least 10 bite-sized protein balls out of the batter.
5. After you have rolled all the batter into balls, put the lid on the tupperware and place it in the refrigerator to chill before eating.
1 gr fat
4 gr protein