Team Jumbo-Visma enters into partnership with Limburg Cycling
Team Jumbo-Visma and Limburg Cycling are joining forces. Together, the sports te...
Working from home is currently a hot item, also at Team Jumbo-Visma. Due to the coronacrisis, everyone is advised by the government to work from home as much as possible. Just like at your regular fixed workplace, it is also important that you pay attention to the correct working environment and working posture at home.
In order to work as well as possible at home, we give you some tips and solutions. Within Team Jumbo-Visma we do this as follows:
1. The office staff of Team Jumbo-Visma can use a desk bike. This way you keep yourself fit while you work. Exercising keeps your brain active, which also benefits your creativity
2. Almost all meetings are currently conducted via video calling. Not only the office workers use this, but also the soigneurs, mechanics, coaches, cyclists and nutritionists. This varies from training courses to consultations and meetings. For video calling you can, for example, use Zoom, Teams or Skype, but WhatsApp is also an option. In addition, we keep each other informed via WhatsApp and e-mail.
3. We have virtually continued the tradition of the weekly Friday drinks. Through video calling, everyone can keep in touch with each other. A quiz via the app Kahoot provides the necessary entertainment.
4. We collaborate remotely in documents via specialized software.
How do you work effectively from home?
To work effectively from home, we recommend making a to-do list with a clear schedule of what you want to do each day. Set deadlines and make an efficient schedule. Include enough breaks in the schedule. And above all, make sure you have a comfortable place to work. It is very important that you organise your workplace in a quiet environment where you can concentrate and have the least distraction.
How do I set up my workplace?
It is wise to adjust your desk, chair and table as well as possible to minimize the strain on your back, neck and shoulder muscles.
The key points to take into account are:
1. Sit up straight against the back of your chair and adjust the height so your feet are down on the floor. If your feet don’t touch the ground, make sure to put something underneath your feet.
2. Always keep your shoulders relaxed and make sure your forearms get supported.
3. Make sure you adjust your seat properly. Above all, make sure that you have enough space between the seat and your knee pit so that your legs have enough freedom to move.
4. Make sure that the curvature of the backrest supports the curvature of your own back.
5. Make sure you always pull your chair against the table.
6. When using a laptop, it is recommended to use a docking station as much as possible. It is important that you set your laptop screen at the correct height (eye height) and distance (seventy to one hundred cm). The use of the mouse and a separate keyboard for the laptop makes it possible to use these tools correctly in order to reduce the load on your back, neck and shoulders.
7. It is good to place your screen directly in front of you. This prevents your body from being continuously twisted. When using multiple screens, place the main screen directly in front of you.
8. The correct position of the keyboard is very important. Just as with the screen, position your keyboard directly in front of you. Preferably ten centimetres from the edge of the table. Fold up the legs of the keyboard. And if you’re not using the keyboard or mouse, don't leave your hands on it unnecessarily.
9. Always use the mouse within shoulder width. If you do not use the mouse, do not hold it unnecessarily.
Finally, we have some general home working tips.
Want to perform a home workplace check? Please consult Health2Work.