Food Friday - The best food strategy with colder weather
Spring and Autumn can surprise us with colder weather conditions. Think about so...
The upcoming period, we share our riders’ favourite recipes. This time: Robert Gesink's apple lemon pie from the barbecue
Apple pie mix (440 g)
1000 grams apples
50 gram sugar
3 ts cinnamon
75 grams raisins
175 grams butter
1 springform cake tin (24 cm ø)
1. Preheat the oven on 180 °C. In the meantime, cut the apples into small pieces. Put it together with the sugar and cinnamon. Grate the lemon's yellow peel above the apples. Cut the fruit and squeeze one half above the apples. Add the raisins and mix it all together.
2. Use the mixer to make dough of the apple pie mix, the egg and butter.
3. Line the cake tin with the dough. Spread the apple mix on the dough and press it lightly.
4. Bake the apple pie in the preheated oven for one hour until it's golden brown. Take the pie out of the oven and let it cool in the tin. Keep the pie covered in a cool place.
5. Heat the pie in the tin on the barbecue grill. Lay the cover on the barbecue or cover with foil. Let it heat for 15-20 minutes. Cut the warm apple pie into pieces.
16 gr fat
4 gr protein
58 gr carbs