Food Friday - The best food strategy with colder weather
Spring and Autumn can surprise us with colder weather conditions. Think about so...
The upcoming period, we share our riders’ favourite recipes. This time: no bake strawberry shortcake protein bites! Another perfect snack.
2/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut flour or rice flour
Pinch of salt
1 scoop Vifit vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup vanilla skyr
A drop of almond extract (can substitute for vanilla extract)
1 to 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk
3-5 fresh strawberries, diced (depending on size- 3 if large, 5 if they are small)
1. Bend oats, flour, salt and protein powder until combined (less than a minute) in a food processor or bowl.
2. Add the skyr, almond extract, milk and fresh strawberries to the food processor
3. Scoop out a spoonful of the batter and roll into a ball. It might be sticky, using a bit of flower in your hands will help.
4. Place in a tupperware. Repeat until you run out of batter. You should be able to get at least 10 bite sized protein balls out of the batter.
5. After you have rolled all the batter into balls, put the lid on the tupperware and place in the refrigerator to chill before eating.
1 gr fat
4 gr protein